Rules and Guidelines for the SU Dog Sports field!
We are thrilled to offer a grassy, fully fenced-in outdoor field with a port-a-potty and stocked with agility, rally and obedience equipment for our members' use. We appreciate you taking time to read through our rules, fees and guidelines so we can continue to offer these great benefits! Being a non-profit organization, we rely on things like members courtesy, cooperation, field fees and donations to keep our club running smoothly.
Thank you for your participation and consideration in using our field and equipment!
- Only SU Dog Sports members, instructors, class
participants and non-member invitees (without dogs) are allowed on the practice field after
signing a waiver.
- Any member may join an 'Open' practice at any time, so long as the practice is at or below your current level of ability and understanding. Field fees apply, and member must be current on fees. Check the Calendar page for practices and events!
- The use of the SUDS field is limited to structured practices for obedience, rally, agility, freestyle, flyball and therapy dogs. Any other sports/activities must be approved by the Board. Requests can be made for 'Open' or 'Private' practices.
- To reserve the field for open or private use, the user must be a 'Member in Good Standing' as described in the Bylaws, Article I, and must have been a member for at least three months. Members must be current on field fees. Please also review the Clean up guidelines below before holding a practice.
- To hold an obedience/rally practice: a member must have completed a basic obedience or rally course, or taught an obedience or rally course.
- To hold an agility practice and have use of the equipment: a member must have completed two agility courses or taught an agility course at SUDS. A two-person minimum is required to use contact obstacles (for safety).
- In compliance with our insurance, SUDS must receive notification of every event or activity held on the field. All members are asked to notify Maggie Probst at (801) 550-2659 or [email protected] at least 24 hours prior to desired use of the field in order to get it on the calendar. Requests made less then 24 hours in advance are not guaranteed a response time quick enough to hold their practice.
- 'Open' practice means any SUDS member can attend- YOU are responsible for running the practice and creating a fun environment. You may request a specific ability level such as "Show-Ready" or "Beginner Agility." You MUST notify SUDS in the event you cannot make your practice, as others may be counting on you to be at the field.
- 'Private' practice is a private practice solely for you and your dog(s). This is a new offering in 2017! If you wish to use the field privately on a regular basis, take advantage of our monthly discount! See the Field Fees page for more info!
- Dogs must enter and exit the field on leash. Keep control of your dog at all times.
- Ask others before letting your dog approach. Not all dogs are friendly or welcoming to other people/dogs.
- All dogs must be crated with doors/zippers closed when not actively participating in a field activity
- Please clean up after your dog. Take all trash with you. Check corners, etc. If you see it- you own it!
- If a dog eliminates on the field, spray the area with a vinegar/water solution (provided for you in our shed).
- All dogs must be current on Rabies vaccine or have a valid Titer test.
Clean Up Guidelines
If you reserve the field- please be aware YOU are responsible for the field and equipment.
Please help the next user to have a pleasant experience!
- Please clear all portable equipment from the grass and raise the A-frame to the maximum height (for water runoff)
- Put all other equipment back into the shed where it was found.
- Put any used cones back in numerical order
- Close the shed doors, port-a-potty and field gate. Lock all locks on sheds, potty and gate with the combos upright and readable. Spin the locks for safety and double-check for security.